Saturday, April 27, 2013

Homestretch

Things are starting to wrap up around here. Finals are in two weeks with other tests thrown in. We received our assignments for our first rotations last week so everyone is pretty excited that it is becoming a reality. I will be starting off in family medicine for my first four week rotation in Jeff City.

It has been a crazy month for me. I completely over committed myself this year with my inability to say no to things and everything seemed to come to a peak at the same time. In the past few weeks I have spent a day at the state capital talking about health care policies, put together National Osteopathic Medicine Week at our campus, led another mentoring session with sixth graders, hosted an international medicine presentation, ran fundraising for Tap Project (UNICEF clean water project), end of year reports for various clubs/committees/activities, went to Chicago to see my mom, and of course classes and tests. What was I thinking??? There was also a new cousin edition which led to a lot of Instagram and Twitter stalking. Lets face it, my fam is a little baby obsessed. No wonder I want to go into peds.

With everything coming to a close, the reality of moving is starting to set in. The whole actually having a place to move to is still an issue that needs to be dealt with which is terrifying. I packed my first box a few weeks ago and my mom was anxious to pack some more. This means I now have a strong urge to watch movies since they are all packed away though when they were actually out, I didn't have that urge. No movies until after boards is the rule.

And last but not least, I have to send a huge congratulations to one of my best friends on her engagement. I don't know what I would have done without Lia, especially during that last part of undergrad when things were pretty gloomy for me. We have had some of the best times together and I am so honored that you have asked me to be a part of your big day! Congrats Lia and Luke!!!

No comments: