I like to start with the sad and finish with the happy so here it is:
Sad:
-My awesome 96 year old great aunt passed away at the end of June. After my grandma died, she sort of stepped in and tried to fill that role. She was full of spunk and quite a character.
-Classes started again today and it is really sad to not have some of the friends I have made over the past few years here.
-Saturday sealed the deal. No turning back. Effectively a family of three.
-(Annoyed should be the title for this one) The smear campaign that is in effect against my parents. Of course you don't see how they were being treated because the chameleon changes their attitude in this case. I think Julia Roberts had a movie about becoming a different person with each relationship.
Happy:
-We started our short summer quarter today. You could take that as a sad thing but this is 4/7 and I'm just excited to be that much closer.
-I just completed a two week preceptorship with a family practice doctor. It was amazing. Patients called me Dr. Meaghan, the doc trusted me to see patients by myself and to treat them, and she gave me a great evaluation in which she said that she strongly believed I would make an exemplary physician. She also brought in her 8 and 12 yo kids for me to treat since she knew that I want to go into pediatrics. I think I really needed that renewed excitement to help me through this year.
-In a little over two months I will find out where I will be going next year for rotations.
The thing that is making me the happiest right now though is sitting outside and it still being 82 degrees around midnight.
No comments:
Post a Comment