As of today, I can't use the excuse "I don't know that, I'm only a first year". The newbies swarmed the school this morning and it is pretty entertaining to just sit back and watch these fresh faces that have no idea what's ahead. It also makes me laugh thinking about how naive we used to be (and many of us have remained that way). You have to love all the questions about what there is to do in your free time. 1) What free time? Is this being marketed as a selling point for the school, that you actually have free time, cause if so someone should sue. 2) When you pulled that U-haul into this sprawling metropolis, didn't you notice all the attraction signs? 3) When I say go to Walmart, I was not joking in the least. First off, if you find yourself with a spare moment you should use it to go grocery shopping because chances are you won't have another one for a good two weeks and your fridge is likely empty because it has been 2-3 weeks since your last "spare moment". Also, have you not been to peopleofwalmart.com? I'm fairly certain Kirksville has contributed some great material or if it hasn't been submitted the things you will see could rival even the best submissions. 4) I don't care how "good" the pancakes are at Pancake City, it is a NO WAY EVER, not even if every other place burned down including the grocery stores and you were completely out of food.
Another reminder of how far we have gotten though it still seems like we just started, we had our first mock match today. (Mock match= a practice match for rotation sites to try and get the rough edges smoothed out so people are happy with where they end up. It helps get a higher percent into their top three choices) I am doing a site visit on Monday to my top choice and the thought of moving out of Kirksville is really bizarre. I have lived in this apartment the second longest of any single place. The official match happens mid-October. It will be interesting to see where I will be going and thank goodness there is enough interest in Arizona that it is highly likely NOT there. Close to my favorite newly inducted SEC college football team and Granddad's favorite hotdog stand??? Fingers crossed.
No comments:
Post a Comment