Saturday, July 30, 2011

Becoming Meg

This week I was told that in the past two years here I have come out of my shell. That I was timid and reserved. It threw me off and at first I didn't agree maintaining that I am the same person I have always been. Reflecting on it, I am starting to agree. I have come into my own here. I don't know if it is being so far away from home and having to make all the decisions for myself or that I only have to cater to myself and my needs and not worry about how everything will be viewed by my family. It isn't that my goals have changed, I have just found different means for fulfilling them and the attitude for which I will live my life in. They have been a crazy two years but I have never felt more comfortable in myself.

No comments: