Sunday, March 6, 2011

March Unmadness

It is funny how things happen all at once. Those days that just go so right that you are slightly nervous for when life will correct itself and things will again hit the fan. So far that hasn't happened and I am going to take full advantage of how perfect things are going.

My mom's latest treatment went rather well. They gave her a lot of other medicine besides the chemo drugs that made her quite jittery and eventually knocked her out. The treatment next Friday will likely be administered with the same dosage of Benedryl and other meds just to make sure she doesn't have any side effects from the chemo. So far she has not had any horrible reactions to this new chemo drug but she is anxiously awaiting side effects. By Tuesday she should be out of the reaction period so she is waiting till she gets to that hurtle. Her blood counts went down again which means she has to go through another week of daily injections to help her body compensate for the low counts. The oncologist said that this is likely due to the last set of drugs she was on and they won't be out of her system for another 3 weeks. She sounded like she was in much better spirits when I talked to her on the phone yesterday and was marking down all of her radiation dates on the calendar. I don't think July can come fast enough for her.

2011 seems like it is the year for people I know to have babies. A couple of my good friends here in Kville are expecting a little boy anytime now. Poor little guy is going to have to list this place as his place of birth. I am really hoping that he decides to stay snuggled up in his water bed for another two weeks or comes in the next couple days. There are a ton of other babies that will be coming along and I am super excited for the one that will be making her appearance in July/early August. There will be a lot of stock piling of pink outfits from a very excited auntie and buying her big brother presents too.

No comments: