This could be the best diet ever. I can only have soft food for the next three weeks and the two days right after the surgery I was subjected to cold-room temperature foods only. So I had ice cream twice a day to attempt to get close to enough calories each day. Applesauce, yogurt, and jello don't pack many calories so I would get pretty weak if I wasn't constantly shoveling mush down my injured mouth. Who eats ice cream twice a day and loses almost 5 lbs in a week? Meh...guess there are upsides to this whole thing.
I am convinced that I know some of the most amazing people. With this whole ordeal, I have been pretty down but there is not a day that has gone by where someone hasn't offered to bring me something or sent me an encouraging message. I am fairly certain that without these wonderful people that I would lock myself in my house for the next couple of weeks until I have my temporary fix. This weekend, my surgery site has hurt not from the actual surgery but because I have laughed so hard with the people that have come over that it pulled at the stitches. It is a pain that I enjoy but hope that it isn't hindering the whole healing process.
This week my mom goes through round 3 of her chemo. It is supposed to be the worst which is a little concerning cause the last two have been pretty awful. I can't imagine how much worse they could get. I had planned to try and be there to help out and offer support but what can I say, accidents happen and I need to be here for the various dentist appointments that dot my calendar. Round 2 was responsible for complete hair loss; the complete switch of chocolate flavored items such as shakes, hot chocolate, and candy being the only thing that tasted good to causing serious nausea; and a much longer recovery period or better translated to not recovering at all before the next punch comes. The end can't come soon enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment