It is 8 degrees here with 6-8 inches of snow on the ground. Add in the wind chill and it feels like -9 degrees. If only I could snuggle up on the couch with some hot chocolate and some movies but unfortunately I have to go into lab. Research is finally getting off the ground. I had a set back this week with one of my cancer cell lines dying off. And the problem with cancer is its invincibility???
Today was round 2 for my mom. Only 2 more adriamysin and cytoxin treatments. There is still the recovery period for round 2 which will be rough but rounds 3 and 4 are supposed to be the absolute worse. She has 6 sores in her mouth which makes it hard for her to eat a lot of things, especially salty or sour items. She also developed shingles in her legs. The things she likes the most such as Diet Coke and her lattes from Starbucks don't taste right to her anymore and she has given them up all together. The first week of treatment, she lost 6 pounds because she was unable to really eat anything substantial. I know things could be far worse and I am so thankful that they aren't. To those families who are dealing with metastatic cancer (stage IV), my thoughts and prayers are with you. Stay strong for the person dealing with the cancer but make sure you have an outlet for grieving.
No comments:
Post a Comment