Encountering my own road blocks. For an evening, I lost sight of who I am. Getting back on track and vowing never to fall into that pit again.
My mom is doing good this week. Tonight she had Maura shave her hair into a Pixie cut. Round 2 starts Tuesday. Really sad I won't be there to help out days 1-5. Only three more of these horrible recovery periods and then she is on the less intense drugs.
One of the coolest things that has happened since my mom's diagnosis was the overwhelming response, particularly one of the doctors at her work. He is an anesthesiologist who my mom has worked with since she went to Evergreen and I got to know him while I was there. I always looked forward to late nights in the staff lounge when he would tell us about some of his crazy experiences working in hospitals. He is an awesome guy. Well, after finding out about my mom, he went home and shaved his head in support of her battle. He was so shy about telling her but when he finally pulled her aside, they both cried.
No comments:
Post a Comment