Thursday, August 7, 2008

Primary done, now the waiting

So I finished my primary applications to med school. As soon as my transcripts are sent in, I can click that magical button that carts my application off to be reviewed and then sent on. It is rather daunting, so much weight is put on these pieces of paper. That is my life, my goals, my future. Ugh...I hate it. I am scared that I won't appear good enough to "them" and that "them" decides everything. I have wanted to be a doctor since I was little and what if "them" doesn't think I am qualified? It is like this huge brick wall in front of me and I can't go under it, can't go around it, but this wall you can't go over, you have to go through it. My list of schools is as follows:
1) Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences- Yakima, WA
2) A.T. Still/KCOM- Kirksville, MO
3) Rocky Vista University- Parker, CO
4) A.T. Still/SOMA- Mesa, AZ
5) Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine of Midwestern University- AZ
6) Des Moines University College of Osteopathic College- Des Moines, IA
7) Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine- CA
8) University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine- ME
The school in Maine could be replaced with another school in California but I have always been intrigued by Maine. My dad would rather California be in the #8 spot.
Other news: there is some movement on the job front although it is a little soon to say for certain. I also will be taking my MCATs again at the beginning of September so hopefully those will go well. I hate that test. I really don't feel it is a good measurement of my abilities but I felt the same way about the SATs and the stupid WASL. Oh the lovely hoops you have to jump through to get to your finish line.

3 comments:

MihErn said...

Screw the Hoops! You are the one wearing the UnderRoos Undies or SuperGirl or whomever your Heroine of Choice is! I can't help myself today....may I make a suggestion...oh heck, I am going to anyway>>>>have you tried this shift in perspective: I send my applications with the KNOWING and CONFIDENCE that I am perfectly qualified and prepared as is AND...I hope they will affirm that. IF not, behind curtain #2 and curtain #3----or curtain #8: there are other ways to the DREAM! Sometimes, Life just has you take a respite on the side of the road..That's when you learn to Breathe again, figure how to BELLY LAUGH at the audacity of it all, and break out the Brigeritas or the Mike's Yikes Limes or whatever it was that you enjoyed that time you danced on the table or something...Oh Heavens! Amp up the CONFIDENCE, WOMAN! You come from a LONG LINE OF WONDER(FUL) WOMEN ON BOTH SIDES OF YOUR FAMILY!!! LOVE, E-

MihErn said...

You being WHO YOU ARE TODAY is the Dream come true for so many of us!
Screw anyone else who can't SEE THAT!

MihErn said...

I will now behave myself and go defunk my funky self from dance camp. And I will make no more comments today on this blog...unless I have to.