So I think that there are some kind of rule about not crying in an interview. Well I did it. I got through all 26 of the standardized questions that they ask everybody and we had a lot of time left and we were sitting there talking for a while. So one of the ladies interviewing me asked if I could talk to any two people, dead or alive, who would they be. Well it was a really easy answer for me, my grandparents. They died when I was 10 and I really wish that I could tell them everything thing I have accomplished. Well as soon as I said their names my eyes started welling up. I told them why I would want to talk to them and stated that my grandma was another reason I wanted to be a doctor, because when my mom was 9 my grandma was diagnosed with breast cancer and told she wouldn't see my mom graduate from high school. I want to be able to give some other little girl the chance to meet their grandma instead of only knowing her face from a picture. Well I got one of the ladies to start crying too. I really hope that doesn't make me look weak.
Other than that, I think the interview went fairly well. I receive a call on Tuesday from the dean if I got in. Going to the interview made me want to go to PNWU that much more. I met with all the staff and they are so amazing and fun. I sat with one of the doctors who graduated from the school my dad went to and she is an OB which is what I want to be, and we talked for about 15 minutes before she had to go interview some of the candidates. I totally fell in love with the staff and the curriculum. I always wanted to go to med school, but now I know I will be missing out on a wonderful experience if I don't get to go to PNWU. So I am waiting nervously and hopefully for my phone to ring on Tuesday. Thanks for all the support, I couldn't have done it without you guys.
2 comments:
You're totally fine, I think.
You gave a well-thought out response that you really meant and not some cookie-cutter answer like Gandhi or something.
I'm glad you like PNWU well. Because let's face it, I don't want you to move out of state.
Yakima is about as far as I'll let you go without a fight.
Umm... PS I cried when I read this.
PLEASE, please, please, please... text me or something when you find out the news.
You're in my thoughts! I love you Meaghan! I'm so proud of all you've accomplished.
Post a Comment