Peds Surgery
Best: Procedures! There is something really gratifying about draining abscesses.
Worst: There were some really stressful times that I didn't necessarily feel comfortable about, luckily the nurse practitioner jumped in to save me.
Internal Medicine (Adult Medicine)
Best: I worked with some awesome residents. For some reason they trusted me. I got to run a code because I showed interest. Getting a hug from a patient on their discharge day who had previously been frustrated with her care and requested me to my senior IM resident, her family gave me hugs too.
Worst: Adults. Not feeling like I knew what I was doing. Long hours. So many drunks and drug overdoses.
Clinic
Best: Quote from my quarterly eval- "best intern ever". I get praised by my attendings every Wednesday that I'm there.
Worst: Some feelings of animosity directed toward me by some of the other residents at my clinic.
Work peeps
Best: Wine nights. Birthday party planning. Rocco's Tacos.
Worst: There aren't any. These people are awesome. One of our residents lost her dad last week and it was amazing to see how we all jumped in to support her.
Other
Best: Being so close to one of my best friends and helping her wedding plan. Random trips to the beach whenever I want. It's October and I'm in shorts and a t-shirt.
Worst: Always wish I had more time to spend with Lexie. Thank goodness for hour restrictions.
No comments:
Post a Comment