Saturday, July 25, 2015

Florida Month 1

Well it has been about a month of this doctoring business. So far nobody has died on my watch. The perks of having to stay up all night and having to talk about consistency of a kid's bowel movements at 3am is that at least I am getting paid now. Yes, my life is that exciting.

I am currently on general outpatient peds. Lots and lots of well child visits. There is no shortage of newborn baby visits so lots of snuggling fresh little humans. There is also the freaking out when they aren't gaining weight or have turned yellow. All in all, it has been really good. So much so that it has me considering general peds as a backup plan which is pretty big because I was adamant that I would only do peds ED. I will be at this clinic for another full week and then once a week for the rest of my residency. They have had me generate a list of patients that they are going to try to schedule on my clinic day so I will get to watch this little babies grow up during my three years here.

My time to explore my new surroundings has been rather limited. This is the first weekend I have had off since I started. There is a complete lack of food in my house because of that which is making for a great diet. I also signed up to take my last set of general boards at the end of August. Can't wait to have that behind me. My very last month of general adult medicine is in September and after that it's the under 18 crowd from here on out.

Back to studying. Keep your fingers crossed no hurricanes head our way.

-Pasty Girl in the Land of Tan

No comments: