Planning for next year is in full swing. And it's terrifying! The thought of trying to pick the top three places I am interested in for residency is daunting. I have absolutely no idea how to even narrow the list down to three. They all kind of look the same when I do my pros and cons list. I don't think I am a huge city girl so I have kind of shuffled the Brooklyn sites at the bottom of the list and I'm not big into the GTLing so Jersey gets put down there too. The good/super stressful thing is that my match will be over in less than a year so this whole limbo thing will be over in twelve months.
I finished my pediatrics rotation last month and am on my second to the last required rotation of this year. In four months I will be done with all the remaining tests I have to take in medical school. Then it is just a year of clinicals and enjoying my last 11 months before graduation. Pretty nuts how close the end is getting.
As far as family goes, everything seems to be going well. Mom is still healing from her December surgery but everything is pretty on track and she is scheduled for her final surgery in May. I think she will be very happy to get that out of the way. Otherwise they are both kind of waiting to see where I match to before they decide where their next adventure will take place.
Things are always changing here in JC whether it be rotations, the people, weather, or what random expedition we find ourselves on. We have all been spending quite a bit of time together in hospital as well as out. We have had residency selection and completion of boards to celebrate and it is starting to set in that June is not that far away when some students and interns will be moving on to far away places. I have gotten to know some new people and been out in the awful dating scene. I like hanging out with my dog so much better.
Speaking of my dog, the little troublemaker has a heart condition. I ended up taking her to a veterinary cardiologist (who knew there was such a thing) and there is no structural defect but the electrical conduction is definitely jacked up. She got put on some old people medicine (a beta blocker) to help slow down her heart rate which was beating at 300 bpm (normal is around 100 bpm) and try to get her rhythm to be regular. Luckily, they did clear her to fly and the cardiologist said she wasn't restricted from any activities. I would have problem pet.
Happy Belated Valentine's Day! And Happy Presidents Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment