It always amazes me how hurtful we can be to one another. The conscious, unrestrained assault that comes on a daily basis, do you not feel guilty from it? Yesterday was a day of silence dedicated to those who are bullied and the fact that we have to have such a day because children are taking their lives because the anguish they have been caused made them believe it would be easier if they were gone. How did we produce such a world where people feel so unloved and unwanted?
One of my good friends who has been like a brother to me refuses to end a conversation unless we have told each other that we love one another and appreciate the other one. At first, I made fun of him for it but now I realize how precious every day is and how important it is to not let those words go unspoken. You can never assume that a person knows how you feel.
So to everyone who is or has been in my life, I love you. I love you for what you have helped me accomplish by believing in me. I love you for the tough lessons you have taught me. I love you for not giving up on me.
No comments:
Post a Comment