From the outside, I'm sure it looks like the things I said were ridiculously harsh and unwarranted. I'm sure you're being told that we are not understanding and we object to everyone. We have objected to everyone whom there has been a rush to make that tie to and that is because it has been a sprint to make it official. Why? What reason does she have to want to make that commitment to EVERY person she has dated? My objection comes from the person she has become. I have seen how she interacts with other people and she acts just as she did before. But with her family, she is very different. She is not the same person, she does not show respect, and maturity isn't displayed. You have no idea how this has changed our family. All of our relationships are different now. It is the ones we hold the closest that can be the most hurtful. And I don't recall there being a pass on following commandments.
“Honor
your father and your mother, so that your days may be long in the land the LORD
your God is giving you.”
Exodus 20:12
“Honor
your father and your mother, as the LORD your God commanded you, so that your
days may be long and that it may go well with you in the land that the LORD
your God is giving you.”
Deuteronomy 5:16
“You shall
each revere your mother and father, and you shall keep my
sabbaths: I am the
LORD your God.”
Leviticus 19:3
No comments:
Post a Comment