Sunday, January 15, 2012

Taking Things For Granted

These past few weeks have been insane. The first week back went really well and I was feeling really on top of my game but this last week hit me full speed. Two additional classes were added to our schedule and we had 4 labs with quizzes, 1 manipulation critique, a workshop plus the usual classes all in one week. It was impossible to not get behind in classes and sleep (I think I averaged 4hrs/night). I also had an interview candidate stay with me. Okay, there is a reason for all this complaining. I was totally guilty this week of feeling sorry for myself and everyone else in my class and this attitude carried into the weekend. At dinner tonight with a friend, I realized I was on the verge of falling in a rut which I have come to realize is so very easy/common in med school and I started thinking about all the things I am thankful for and the crazy amazing things I have accomplished that I never thought were a possibility. So I am digging myself out and I'm going to attempt to appreciate all the things I have.

Here is the short list:
-family
-my health
-my friends
-my education
-quarter one
-making it through quarter one
-the smiling faces on my fridge
-cover up to hide the dark circles under my eyes
-being able to go out to eat cause I don't have the time to make anything
-not being a worrier
-the unexpected funny pictures I receive
-coffee shops in KVegas and the benefits of being a regular
-my KCOM family and their unwavering support
-study breaks with friends
-finding my way back


No comments: