1/7 of the way done with classes!!! Only 6 more block finals to go till rotations. They weren't lying when they said med school wouldn't be easy but luckily I landed on my feet and was far from scraping by. It is pretty amazing all the things we have learned in just one quarter but there is oh so much more to go.
I was able to go home for the first time since March (I'm not counting the 48 hrs I was home in May). It was much needed but I came no where close to accomplishing all the things I wanted to get done. Highlights were meeting my new "niece" Annabelle, traditional breakfast with best friends, baking with my momma and Black Friday shopping at 2am, and quality best friend time and commiserating over our dysfunctional genetics. I also was able to see family that I haven't seen in over a year. It is crazy how much some of my cousins have grown which definitely clues me in to how long I have been gone.
It was weird going home and having my best friends busy with their grown up jobs. It made it hard to fit in seeing them since they all seemed to be off at the same time. I don't like this whole being an adult concept. Luckily I get to go back in a few weeks.
I unfortunately didn't leave on the best note. Watching someone you love making decisions that you feel are so off is really hard. It makes it worse when those decisions are at the expense of their family.
Well, it's back to anatomy studying for me. Hope everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving and were able to be around some of those people you are thankful for.
No comments:
Post a Comment