Tuesday, November 1, 2011

One and Two

One. What continued to get my mom through this past year was hope. She never stopped fighting. I am still in awe of her strength and courage. It hasn't been an easy battle in the least and it is one that is not yet over. My hope is that this is a lesson to be vigilant with your health and if you think something doesn't feel right to not be embarrassed and go get it checked out. Stay caught up on your preventative screening. It serves a purpose. Without it, my mom's cancer wouldn't have been found so early.

Two. On a happier note, there are 17 days left in my first quarter of medical school. I am amazed at all I have learned in the past three months. I am still so overwhelmed that I am here and I have the opportunity to do this. I feel so incredibly blessed.

No comments: