Around my neck is a reminder. People comment about it quite often but it isn't just a piece of jewelry. It matches the necklace that my mom and my sister wear. Though I can't be there for all the treatments and surgeries, my thoughts are back home and my necklace stands as a silent tribute to her fight. Wednesday holds new surgeries and as I fiddle with my necklace, I will be praying that this is the last. She is having three surgeries packed in to one OR visit. So far, radiation has been going very well and she has been so blessed to have a great radiation oncologist and his fantastic staff taking care of her. If she even feels slightly out of whack, they don't brush it off, they actually investigate the problem and want to order tests to check it out. They are filling in the gaps that my mom's oncologist left behind. Unfortunately, after the radiation is over in three weeks it will be the oncologist doing follow up. So my necklace will stay on, my fidgeting with the chain will spark thoughts of my mom, and the fight will rage on.
So comment about my necklace. Every time I get to respond with a smile on my face because I know the reason I wear it: for my mom's current fight and hoping my sister is able to avoid this in the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment