Monday, June 6, 2011

Someday I'll Breathe Again

Mom Update- This past week she has been really sick with a cold so since her immune system was compromised she didn't have chemo this past week. Her oncologist is trying to get at least one more dose in and then he will be satisfied. Thankfully, my mom did decide to not push herself too hard and only spent a day and a half at work last week. This weekend she got crazy again though and went so far as to bring down all the outside furniture from the barn. Crazy lady.

Me- Had to say goodbye to some really great friends last week. So hard. March/April of next year seems so far away. I foresee a site visit to Ohio in my future just so I can visit the Lehrs. And, as of right now, Columbus is #1 on my rotations list so I can write it off as that.

Summer got started here last week and so far it is looking like it is going to be very eventful. Just this past week there has been multiple BBQs, a quest to find the Devil's Chair in the Mary Immac cemetery (google it, we didn't find it but it was 12:30am when we were looking), trips to KC and Columbia, and some awesome dinners, movie nights, and late nights out dancing. Definitely have hit a new phase and it is so drastically different from the last one I was in which is blowing my mind. Writing off the users, passing on the try-too-hards and overly emotionals, and continuing to go for what I want.

No comments: