Happy Valentine's Day everyone! It has been a pretty eventful day here. When I walked out my door this morning to go school, I discovered a bouquet of daisies that was left for me with only a note card that had my name decorating it. Eight hours later, I still have yet to identify this mystery daisy giver.
Once I got to school, it was like being back in elementary school with the copious amounts of candy and cookies going around. Yep, this is med school. I was then informed that one of our professors had a heart attack in the middle of class....sounds like a line Alanis Morissette should have put in "Ironic".
While waiting on my experiments today in lab, I started looking at the different ways to pay for medical school. One of them is a government for students who are dedicated to becoming a primary care physician. This entails being hired on by a hospital or clinic right now and then you have to commit to working for them for 2-4 years after your residency. So I started looking at where was available. It was terrifying. I am seven years out from being able to straight practice, I don't think I can commit to the exact place I want to practice then right now. Who knows where I will be in life at that point. So, sorry mom and dad, but I think I just tossed that option out. Hurray for student loans with an 8% interest. Ugh.....
No comments:
Post a Comment