Monday, October 18, 2010

Hiccups

It is the knowing that is killing me right now. Somewhere filed in that stack is where my details rest. And then you switch to the unknown and that is when the second guessing starts. Am I detailed enough? Can I erase that snippet? Did I do enough? Since there is no fast forward button for the next few days, it is a really good thing that I am super busy these next few days or else there would be a huge risk for me becoming an alcoholic.

I have been in this very reflective mood lately. Maybe it is this process or recent conversations, but I have began to dissect the little things that make me who I am. Those big moments that caused me to change everything in my life to the most minor event that could have impacted my life. No matter big or small, they have all given shape. I have also realized that I need to go onto my iTunes and delete a whole bunch of crap or do some renaming of things. There is also some re-ascribing of memories happening. It is kind of nice having someone who is completely different but with familiar interests to make new associations of things with. Not that these things were upsetting with the memories that they previously held, it just gave me unwanted pause and I am now able to appreciate things in a different way while not feeling weird about their past affiliations.

No comments: