One of these days I will start acting like an adult but right now I am having entirely too much fun making bad decisions. Thank goodness this year allows for that. The staying up till 2am for no good reason, coming home with nothing to do, brownie sundaes every night.....this is the life.
We have started the preliminary stages of planning for spending another Spring break in Haiti. This year will be a lot different. They have started construction on a hospital at the mission site which we will be staying at instead of at the house of the pastor. Also, with a lot more planning time this time around we will likely have more physicians so we are hoping to have one team at the stationary clinic at the mission and possibly two teams going out to different tent camps. With our success this past year, we are hoping the mission will let us add to the number of people we can bring in. Unlike last year we won't have to bus in from the Dominican which takes out a lot of the travel time too though it means no amazing beach time like last year. With the sunburns we came back with last time this might actually be a good thing. Lobster red was not a good color for any of the seven of us that spent those few relaxing hours swimming in the beautiful turquoise water of Santo Domingo.
I unfortunately got my first rejection from a school yesterday. Guess I won't be moving to Oregon this next year. Oh well. There were mixed feelings on that school anyway being that it would be brand new and so they would still be working out the kinks in their system. I have six remaining schools that I have completed secondaries for. I did receive a secondary for Ohio but as of right now I am not going to submit it because the requirement of practicing in the state of Ohio for five years after completing your residency doesn't sound too fun to me. I will hold onto it for now.
Okay back to listening to my new cd.
We have started the preliminary stages of planning for spending another Spring break in Haiti. This year will be a lot different. They have started construction on a hospital at the mission site which we will be staying at instead of at the house of the pastor. Also, with a lot more planning time this time around we will likely have more physicians so we are hoping to have one team at the stationary clinic at the mission and possibly two teams going out to different tent camps. With our success this past year, we are hoping the mission will let us add to the number of people we can bring in. Unlike last year we won't have to bus in from the Dominican which takes out a lot of the travel time too though it means no amazing beach time like last year. With the sunburns we came back with last time this might actually be a good thing. Lobster red was not a good color for any of the seven of us that spent those few relaxing hours swimming in the beautiful turquoise water of Santo Domingo.
I unfortunately got my first rejection from a school yesterday. Guess I won't be moving to Oregon this next year. Oh well. There were mixed feelings on that school anyway being that it would be brand new and so they would still be working out the kinks in their system. I have six remaining schools that I have completed secondaries for. I did receive a secondary for Ohio but as of right now I am not going to submit it because the requirement of practicing in the state of Ohio for five years after completing your residency doesn't sound too fun to me. I will hold onto it for now.
Okay back to listening to my new cd.
I won't go as a passenger, no
Waiting for the road to be laid
Though I may be going down
I'm taking flames over burning out
Compare where you are to where you want to be, and you'll get nowhere
I'm going down,
Follow if you want to, I won't just hang around
Like you'll show me where to go,
I'm already out, of foolproof ideas, so don't ask me how
To get started, it's all uncharted.
No comments:
Post a Comment