Monday, December 7, 2009

Wish List

Every year for Christmas, my dad's family does a name draw since there are so many of us. One of my favorite parts of the day is watching people open their presents. Witnessing the excitement that lights up the faces of my family members when they receive something they really wanted is so much better to me than opening my own presents. There is nothing that I need or want. I have been blessed with all the things I could possibly need or want. Last year, I asked and received the donation of money to the Lung Cancer Association in honor of my mom's friend and coworker that is going through the battle with lung cancer after having lived a healthy, non-smoking life. This year, I am asking that money be donated to St. Jude's. The money spent on gifts that I am in no need of could much better be spent to help the children who have been inflicted with the burden of cancer at such a young age. So if whom ever has my name this year is reading this, that is what I want most this Christmas.
Happy Holidays Everyone. Can't wait for the annual wrapping paper fight on Christmas morning.

No comments: