Thursday, August 20, 2009

No means NO

Attempts have been made to get the point across but no such luck in terms of the message being received. So frustrating. It just isn't there. Things can't be one sided, it doesn't work that way. Not for me at least.
Classes start Tuesday. I have been trapped in lab this last rotation. I really like the people I am working with though so now I just have to decide if all the time it is going to take in lab will be worth it. It is kind of annoying that other people will have all this free time in their labs and get the same degree. But I guess I would rather be busy doing something I like than bored out of my mind doing something I hate.
Kirksville doesn't feel that much different than Sultan or Bellingham, well except that people are always super friendly. No averting the eyes as you pass somebody. There has been some crazy weather here though. A few days ago we didn't turn on any of the loud machines in lab so we could hear the tornado warning sirens. Kind of terrifying for somebody not accustomed to tornadoes and being up on the 5th floor. Flash flood warnings have also been posted the past few days. Hopefully I will eventually get used to this but right now it is so foreign to me. Things are going great though. Having a great time. Just wish the weather would cooperate.

No comments: