Sunday, August 30, 2009
Decisions, decisions
Classes started this past week and so far are going pretty well. I am only in class for about two hours a day so all this spare time is something I am not used to. I guess I should be in lab but I have yet to decide which it is going to be. There are several of us that are running into this problem and some of the former Biomed Students that are now in med school have been giving us advice. They keep telling us that we are all going for the same degree and in the long run it isn't going to matter whose lab you worked in just as long as you completed the project. Also, they have been directing us to take the path of least resistance and pick the labs that don't require as much work. If anything, that is making my decision harder. I feel like I should choose Dr. Baer's melanoma lab but I would be in lab for a good 8-12 hours per day including class but turn out a really good research project. Or there is Dr. Chang's lab that is looking at the effects of type II diabetes on cell migration that produces plaque to build back up after angioplasties. With Dr. Chang, I would spend 1-4 hours in the lab everyday except for the occasional day that I would need to do a Western blot (looking for proteins) which I would have to be there all day for. The time commitment pushes me toward Dr. Chang, but then the instructor that was in charge of our rotations (who also happens to be the wife of the chair of the program) sent me an email cause I told her I was having difficulty choosing telling me that Dr. Baer is highly regarded and basically told me I should go there. What to do, what to do. It might come down to flipping a coin.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment