So not sure if anyone reads this, but here is what is going on in my life. I am on the alternates list for Arizona. They had a long talk with me about my age and whether or not I was mature enough for the experience. There is still a glimmer of hope on that horizon but I am not holding my breath. I completely fell in love with the program they have in Arizona. It is unlike any other and is a perfect fit with my approach and outlook on healthcare. You attend classes at the school for the first year like all other programs but in your second year you are placed in a community health center where you get clinical experience and do your classwork online. The health centers that are associated with the school are all over- New York, South Carolina, three in Arizona, Portland, Hawaii, and some others including one in good ole' Renton, WA. Actually the Portland assignment would be my first choice because it is unlike the others in that instead of staying at one place, there are 70 centers you visit throughout the year spanning from Alaska, into Southern Washington and all over Oregon so you get a taste of all different units of a hospital. Community health centers are set up so they best serve the people in their location so the design of each center is specific to that center.
On Monday, I go for an interview in Kirksville, MO for a masters program in biomedical research. This is my attempt to be proactive, to not dwell on the past and the mistakes I have made because sitting and regretting choices I have made does not get me any closer to my goal. I have made it this far and I am not going to give up when I can see the finish line. So here I go, pushing forward and paying an insane amount of money to rent a car since I am under 25. Oh the age thing, always trying to bring me down.
3 comments:
Toes Turned Out and Lift In Back!!
go get 'em.
I read it. Please continue to post crap on here so I know what's going on in your world. :)
I read it too. I try not to comment and post crap in the comment section... not so easy to mind my own bidness.
Post a Comment