Thursday, October 30, 2008
Red, White and Blue
Can the elections be over already? I am so done with all of these commercials. I really feel like there should be a spending cap put on political races. You look at how much money each candidate spends to bad mouth the other in order to get into office and personally it makes me sick. There are people that could really use that money to do necessary things such as feed themselves or their kids, pay their rent, get off the streets, buy their perscription medication that keeps their disease in check, rebuild their house that was damaged by some natural disaster, etc. Or hey, with the economy as horrible as it is and this bail out we are going to be paying for, that money could be used to jump start things and help gain back the retirement funds, college savings, life worth. Plus for the average everyday person who wants to make a difference and make a change in our government to get involved they have to raise a ton of money to compete with the incumbent who likely has funding sources from companies in exchange for their vote on an issue. Campaigns have turned into competitions of who can outspend the other candidate with promises being made that are later broken. Okay that is my argument for limiting campaign spending.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Amen! xoxox, maude
How about just turning off the radio, tv, and other media to give yourself a break? We can't even get away from it when the kids pray at school.....so before the fights start, I just ask that we all pray for what's best for our country and its citizens....Amen to you. Amen to Maude. And Amen to the US of A.
I guess my comment never went through, but this is basically how I was feeling by the end.
I was mostly tired of the negativity-- it's bad juju, man, really bad juju.
I love you.
Post a Comment