I am writing the pages of my life. I am in control of the characters that play a part in my story. Me. I have three beautiful, loving best friends that support me no matter what. J-Mo knows every fragment of my story and has been my wall during this past year. WM is my strength, she commands me to live every day with a smile on my face. LL is way too much like me. We keep each other going and vent to one another about our bumpy paths. These girls mean more to me than you know and I will defend them to the end.
I went to a commitment ceremony this weekend for a good friend/old "boyfriend". A woman who was the teacher's aid to my 2nd grade teacher approached my parents and had a long talk about how for a very long time she thought that it would have been me standing up there. Uh...that was weird, but it got me thinking about how different my life could have been. It made me laugh because I am fairly certain I am a little too independent and stubborn for him to handle. Crazy how different our lives could be had we made a different choice.
For now, I am busy living my life. I am becoming comfortable with the idea of living my life single. I have fantastic friends that don't let me feel lonely and enough family to keep life interesting. I am hopefully going to begin working at the hospital by the end of the month and am close to having med school applications finished again. I have a backup plan in case plan A fails.
No comments:
Post a Comment