Sunday, June 8, 2008

Last Week

Oh man, it is my last finals week of college and I have senioritis so bad. I take the ACS (the national organic chemistry examination) tomorrow at 10:30 and then at 3:30 have a genetics test. I should be studying but I can not seem to concentrate. I have been researching Uganda instead. One of my best friends, Lia, met with the director of an orphanage located in Uganda yesterday and everything seems to be coming together for us to go. We can either work in the orphanage, which consists of children whose parents died or they couldn't afford to take care of them anymore, or in a pediatric hospital in the same town. There have been other people from Bainbridge High School (where Lia went to school) who have gone there and invited the director and orphans to Washington and they came this past week and performed their dancing. It is really exciting that this is becoming a reality but at the same time really scary. We will see. I think we are looking at going the month of April. Well back to studying so I can actually graduate. In twenty-four hours, I will be half way done with finals. Hurray for that.

No comments: