Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's clarity

I had a long talk with my mom this weekend about how I am feeling. I am so thankful that I have such an amazing person in my life that I get to call mom and my friend. 2008 hasn't been the best year for me. It started off with me getting really sick, then I was waitlisted for med school and presume I will not be going there in August since there has been no word. Next, the whole breakup and finding out hurtful things about somebody I cared so much about. The breakup came at a bad time which distracted me to the point that I am now having to retake a course. Also, my aunt was diagnosed with cancer which totally threw me for a loop (luckily as of Friday she was declared cancer free!!!). Now, I am a month from graduating and I am dreading the reality that I am going to be a single 22 y.o. with my bachelor of science who is moving back in with her parents. Don't get me wrong, I love my home but moving back to Sultan is not really something I had pictured for my life. Knowing that my parents aren't disappointed in the direction I am going and are proud of me really meant a lot. I guess I always knew they felt that way but hearing those words really made me feel better.

1 comment:

little sea said...

right there with you.
*sigh*
i guess we are both very lucky.
love you and am proud of you from here.
love, auntie recently divorced and lives in her grandparents house with her grown nephew.