Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Countdown

A month from today, I will walk across that stage and officially be a college graduate. My advisor/professor and I were talking about everything that has happened while I have been at Western and she told me that in five years I will look back on my experience in a better light because she knew that I was going to go somewhere great. I love her. I used to hate her but now that I have had time to really get to know her, she is awesome and I sometimes feel that we have way too much in common. But thinking about my experiences at college at the moment, I am honestly happy about the memories that were made here and am kind of sad to go. So I made a list of the highs and lows of my four years here.

Freshmen year:
Highs: The amazing friendships I formed in the dorms, slurpie runs, and intermirals.
Low: Poli Sci

Sophomore year:
Highs: Going to the boardwalk, bbq at the park, finishing gen-chem series, getting into my major first try, and kicking ass Fall quarter.
Lows: Cashel :(

Junior year:
Highs: MYKENZIE, summer job (yes, the lab-I liked it there), Andy at Western, Bio Anth, meeting Amanda, meeting Katie, Maura at Western, and cookie sheet sledding.
Lows: O-chem

Senior year:
Highs: Roommate dinners, the blood center, Lia (now 3 best friends), strength from family and friends, special connection I made with Mykaila, new friends, Ebola and HPV papers, interviewing for med school, finding myself, and uncovering who really cares about me.
Lows: Having to retake genetics, finding out your boyfriend of five plus years isn't interested in you but someone else, and the let down of being waitlisted for med school.

I am really appreciating the highs right now and realizing that the lows have made the highs that much better.

No comments: