Thursday, April 10, 2008

Thinking

So I recently completed a paper on HPV and I recently have been thinking about the details that I learned while writing the paper. I have come to the conclusion that I honestly believe that people (okay I was mostly thinking about men) who knowingly have the virus, as well as those knowing they are HIV/AIDS positive, and decide to withhold that information from people they engage in sexual activities with should be eligible for being convicted of attempted murder. I just find that really irresponsible and negligent. I just found out this happened to one of my very good friends and am really worried about her but glad that she found out early. I feel horrible but I have had really negative thoughts about the guy that gave HPV to her hoping that he gets penile carcinoma or anal cancer from him having the virus although it is less common that women getting cervical cancer from HPV.
On another note, I really want to go meet the Dalai Lama. Also, I wish that I could have been in San Francisco so I could have protested the Olympics. I realize that the athletes have trained the past four years for this and that earning medals earns our country money, although I honestly don't care about that, but there are people dying because of what China is doing in Tibet and in Darfur. PEOPLE DYING!!! And China is going to make so much money off of the Olympics. Oh China.

2 comments:

Mykaila said...

You would think it would at LEAST be reckless endangerment.
I get it if you don't know. I'm a little more understanding in that situation... but not 100%.

I want to go to the Dalai Lama/Dave Matthews thing. But it's clear that's not happening. But I might go with my school. We're not sure yet.

Love you.

Mykaila said...

I should clarify that we'd be going to the school day, not the Dave Matthews.