My Spring break was fantastic under the circumstances. I got to spend some amazing time with my friends and family. I learned a lot during this time period about myself and the people around me. So I am making a list of things learned/special moments:
1) I am going to be more selfish in making sure I get what I want out of life
2) My goals are my goals and sacrificing them to satisfy someone else is not always the best move
3) I want to be taken care of too
4) My friends are the best
5) My family has my back and will catch me if I fall
6) Little kids can know exactly what to do when you are at your lowest point to make you smile
7) Silence can hurt more than words
8) There will always be a part of me that loves him no matter what, but I know that he closed that chapter of my life and I am moving on, trying to be able to fondly look back
9) Truth and knowledge are empowering.
10) If one day I am on the delivering end of a break up, I now know how not to do it
11) His denial of how significant I was in his life for a large chunk of time is the biggest slap in the face
12) Being alone does not scare me as much as it did two weeks ago because as long as I am happy that is all that matters
13) I do eventually want to be in a relationship as opposed to where I was two weeks ago vowing never to want to unguardedly love someone again
14) Knowing I still have friends in two family members close to him was undoubtedly the most gratifying moment in the past two weeks. K&M on separate occasions caused me to cry happy tears
15) Watching baby Haydn kicking around in my auntie's belly before he decided to grace us with his presence was freaking awesome and terrifying (I can only imagine how painful from the expression on my aunt's face) at the same time
16) Right now, I am content and actually happy. I can't deny that walking upstairs to an empty room that was recently filled with belongings and a person who I love dearly and shared amazing memories with is hard but I now see that he helped teach me to love and one day I will find someone to bestow that love on. One day.
2 comments:
Bright yellow purse is fantastic. I just bought myself some lovely orange and yellow rainboots. You should borrow them sometime and wear them with your purse. (:
So I was thinking about this, and I came to the following conclusions:
-Truth and knowledge will give you a kick in the pants. But only you can find the strength to pull forward.
-People have so many ways of dealing with pain. And a lot of those ways are more destructive than the original pain could ever be.
-Waiting is the hardest part, especially when you know the train you are waiting for will never come to your station because the conductor quit a while back. So instead you have to catch a bus to a place you've never been.
I love you!
Persian Proverb:
"When it is dark enough, you can see the stars."
Post a Comment