Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Disappointed
Well I didn't get a call today. Pretty upset, calling tomorrow to find out if I at least was put on the waitlist and what I can do to better my application for next time. I knew this was a big possibility but the rejection hurts so much and it really sucks having to wait a whole year to go through this process again. I think it is harder for a girl because most girls want to have kids and have to put that off till after med school and residency to have kids. I really want kids. If I could do it, I would have a kid next year but I can't. And now, I have to wait 9 years to have a kid instead of 8.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love you no matter what you do, no matter what school you get into, no matter when you have kids, no matter where you go to school, no matter where you end up (even if that's in a van down by the river eating government issued cheese), no matter what you choose, no matter what anyone else says. You're my family. I'm here to love you even if you have to go to med school all the way in Bratislava and I don't see you for eight years and you come back bald and Scientologist. (Bratislava is the capital of Slovakia.)
I am extremely proud of you. You know what you want to do, and you have enough drive and strength to survive these falls, pick yourself up, and become stronger because of them... You have enough motivation to go for what you want. That is a huge accomplishment in and of itself... at least for me.
I am disappointed because I was hoping you would be in state. But that's selfish. You'll do well wherever you go. I mean it.
I love you a lot. Let me know if you need anything.
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Well, Mykaila beat me to it.
I know that nothing I say is going to make you feel better. But, I will say this... if it's not this school, it's a another one. You'll find it and if it takes an extra year, then enjoy the break from school. You'll have babies, I promise. :)
I love you... and I know everything will work out eventually... you just have to trust it. :)
xoxoxo
Post a Comment