48 hrs and 14 hrs until it is seriously official but I AM DONE!!!! I walked out of my very last rotation yesterday at 6pm. It was a very odd feeling knowing the next patient I see will be as Dr. Raney with no "student" attached to the front of the introduction. And I came home to celebrate by catching up on my Thursday night dramas and watching one of my favorite movies, The Last of the Mohicans, with Lexie curled up beside me. There was no crazy party or heavy drinking, just a latte in hand and a protein bar for dinner. It was a sign of how exhausting this process has been and now it is over. I have one set of generic boards to just pass (I don't even have to do well on them) and my peds boards in three years.
So here is where I thank everyone. There have been so many people standing beside me as I made this journey and I couldn't have done it without you all. And all the people that brought doubt into my life, thank you too. You only kept my fire burning and pushed me not to give up, to prove you wrong. e
No comments:
Post a Comment