Monday, November 4, 2013

The Ramblings of a Crazy Lady

The last couple months have been super busy. My surgery rotation last month took up a lot more of my time. One of our general surgeons left the hospital which meant we are down to two general surgeons and then of course it would be the perfect time for one of them to go on vacation....so it was just my attending on for half the month. There was not much sleeping being done in the month of October for me. Luckily the other student and resident I was one with were awesome and we all got along really well. Being that busy did mean we got to see some pretty cool stuff. All I have to say is there is a reason we suggest the preventative testing when we do and harp on it so much. Get your colonoscopies people!!!

Third year core rotations will be half way over after this Friday which means I should probably get going on setting up my schedule for next year along with my two electives for this year. I guess I should commit to which specialty I actually want to end up in too. I'm having far too much fun with everything which is making it that much harder to decide. Babies still draw me in and I find myself signing up to be with the anesthesiologist that is on OB while I'm on my anesthesiology short rotation  to get back into the delivery room. 

Along with all the school chaos, I opted to add more demands on my life by getting a puppy. Lexie is a 16 week lab/spaniel mix who is very energetic. She is totally a momma's girl and is pretty terrified of the most ridiculous things (the mop!!!). I adopted her from a shelter where she was born after some people tried to drown her mom and they discovered she was pregnant upon admission in to the kennel. She is a handful but completely worth it. And she will be getting her first introduction to WA come December. 

No comments: