This month was a lot bumpier than the last. I was on outpatient internal medicine with a physician that was hard for me to read. It seemed like I just couldn't do things right for her. When I asked for guidance on how I could improve, she claimed that she hadn't read over my charts yet. She was signing off on the dang things saying she had and she agreed with my assessments. I give up.
On a positive note, I was told I wasn't allowed to leave by multiple nurses, staff, and patients. I received many hugs from my residents in the nursing home. I was told by family members of the patients that I was appreciated because I took the time to explain things to them- this is something I always do, maybe equally for myself as it is for my patients. And in the end, I learned what not to do and how I don't want to be at the bedside.
This past month had the traditional Sunday dinners and movie nights. We went out to treat ourselves at our favorite restaurant in Jeff City (I think they are starting to recognize us there) and went to cancer fundraisers. It is safe to say we are enjoying ourselves.
So next up- OB/Gyn. I can honestly say I am so excited to start this rotation. Maybe it's because my last one didn't go so well or that there are kids involved but I'm remaining optimistic. I have also heard great things about the physician I'm with. She actually has a sense of humor...thank goodness!!!
Now if we could just fast forward through to Wednesday afternoon when this silly presentation that my last attending past off on me is over and done. Public speaking is not my thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment