Monday, December 19, 2011
Maybe. Kinda. Really???
First, let me tell you that I love you. I always have and always will. Through thick and thin. But in that love, I must tell you that I see you making a huge mistake. When you make a commitment like that, don't make a rash decision. Be mindful not to be impulsive. This is about finding the right person not just a person. You have been so eager to reach this point. Why? With every new figure you have brought in to your life, you have transformed into this different person. Do you know who you are? Being comfortable with who you are is so important. So do me a favor, step back from this, look at everything before you and ask yourself 1) is this just a fulfillment of a childhood dream?, 2) what are you so sure of this time that makes it so different from the other times you were sure too?, and 3) are you mature enough for this? This isn't an "are you old enough" question as I am a firm believer that age is merely a number. I received the "25" talk from some of my aunties a few years ago when I was so upset cause I had been "so sure". I listened to what they had to say but in my head I disagreed with what they had to say. Well, I was an idiot. They were 100% right. The person I was at 22/23/24 is vastly different than who I am now. I laugh at the things I thought and the decisions I was trying to jump in to. There is a point with some crazy catalyst where things just become different. You still have a lot of growing up to do and racing toward what you see as the finish line as fast as you can doesn't mean you are going to be any happier than the person who paces themselves.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment