Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Little Reminders

Every once in a while I come across something that reminds me I am in a completely different place than what I am accustomed to.My reminder this week is courtesy of the local news station, KTVO. There are numerous occasions that while watching the news I have choked on something or busted up laughing like when they reported on the lady that took her car to get worked on and the mechanics heard a noise coming from her trunk. After failing to get a hold of the lady they called the cops. When they opened the trunk they found a goat with Brett Favre's number painted on its sidein green. The lady, upon returning to retrieve her car, explained that the goat was tomorrow's dinner. That is probably my favorite story they have covered. They also have pothole patrol and have just started advertising their newest, well newest to me at least, feature: Big Ol' Fish. On Tuesday mornings, they show photos that have been submitted for the week and choose the biggest fish.

Just to give you an idea of what I am working with here, I am posting this video. I apologize because some of it is inappropriate but the fact that they have the time to recognize birthdays and the fact that somebody didn't catch this before it went on air is rather hysterical. This even made the Howard Stern show. Awesome. Way to go Kville.




No comments: