Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My Rant

Whenever I hear a girl talk about how her major life goal is to get married, I get kind of irritated inside. It is a beautiful goal but making that a number one priority that you judge whether your life is a success or not off of, well that is just a load of b.s. I guess in the last week I have really been pushed to regain some self confidence and I know that even if you go through this life without a ring on my finger, without that piece of paper saying I am married, I will be just fine as long as I am happy. Nothing is certain in this world anymore, even if you find that person you want to spend the rest of your life with doesn't mean it is guaranteed forever. Look at the divorce rate in this country, look at the percentage of spouses that admit to cheating. What about career goals, ambitions, accomplishments? Cinderella didn't need that shoe she lost. She could have taken the other damn slipper off, God knows glass shoes wouldn't be comfortable anyway, and gone barefoot. Prince Charming wasn't a necessity to her happy ending, it would have just changed the ending. Find the beauty in being yourself and don't view being single as a debilitating circumstance. Step up and take control of your life, you be the driver not the passenger in your race.

No comments: