Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I don't know why

It has really been eating away at me lately that I can't remember the last time I told him I loved him. In spite of everything that has happened, I still really love him. I love him for the things that he is and for the person he is going to become. I guess it really doesn't matter anymore and I don't really like throwing that out there in this public place. I would send him a message saying it but I am not sure he would take it in the way I mean it. It hurts to push that aside. But I really do care. I want to see him happy. He was a huge, huge, huge part of my life and helped me get to where I am today. I wish that we could get to a point where we could put all this b.s. behind us and sit down and have a conversation as friends because after all he was my best friend. My great grandma always used to say "if there was enough reason for you to date a person then there is enough reason for you to be friends with that person". We shared a lot, he was the person I felt I could tell everything to. I just want him to know I still care and even if he choses not to be in my life, he still matters. It has been almost three months since I have talked to him and after talking to him almost everyday for five and a half years, those three months seem like forever. I don't want our last words to each other to be shouting over the phone. I really really really hate that. Through my tears, I just want him to know I think he is a beautiful person and I thank him for his time, the memories we shared, the hugs, the laughs, and the support. I love him, I did yesterday and today and I will tomorrow.

1 comment:

Mykaila said...

"Wonderful women, love is an attitude, not an emotion. Infatuation is an emotion. It's lovely too, and can go right alongside love. But love is something that can only stop or start with training. Love lasts, girls, it does. It goes on and on and on. I think it's sneaky that way. It stays with us, in a part of our hearts, forever. Which is good and bad, you know."

Religion class is nice sometimes.