So I ran into one of my friends this morning and she was amazed at how happy I was. I have known her for quite some time and it was funny to explain to her that I am generally a happy, upbeat, optimistic person. It got me thinking, maybe I wasn't my happiest this past year, maybe I was just telling myself I was happy and content. I am so happy right now, I am not afraid anymore, I like who I am as a person, I am confident in myself, and I absolutely adore my friends. One of my best friends almost made me cry in class today. It is amazing knowing that people really care about you no matter what. It is amazing how it took me going to my lowest, darkest place to realize that. Kind of ashamed of that.
Also today, my optimism picked up about PNWU. I had totally lost it, feeling that there was no hope of me going there this year and I still realize that is probably the way it is going. But today I was thinking that the fact that I haven't been told yet that there is no chance of me going while others have been told that means that there is a small chance remaining that I could get the call. Either way, I am happy with where I am and I will be happy if I do or don't go this year. I am proud of myself for getting to the interview process on the first try. It was a great learning experience.
1 comment:
It is during the easy times that we take things for granted, it is in the most difficult times that we realize the value of what we have.
Don't be ashamed.
I think (although I am sure I have told you this before) the Persians said it best:
"When it is dark enough, you can see the stars."
Love you.
Post a Comment