Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Life scares me

I wish there was some guarentee that your life will end up okay. I want to know I will be happy, that I will be safe, that I will be successful on my terms, that I will not look back and have regrets. I guess that it is up to me to make those things happen and wollowing in self pity and sorrow is definitely not getting me any closer to acheiving my goals.
I have been told by just about all of my aunts that I should watch the movie Enchanted so I did. It led me to think about why happily ever after always includes a Prince Charming. Why can I not name one fairytale in which the happy ending portrays a successful female living fantastically satisfied and happy alone? If anybody can name such a fairytale, please let me know. Damn Disney for producing princess movies that show women dependant on males for protection, love and happiness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

life scares me too.
i don't believe people who aren't scared. it is why religions are what they are. because we can't get our heads around that fear. and i also believe that people who say they have no regrets are big hairy liars. regret is a sign of growth, of expansion, and most importantly of self assessment and progress. one can only have regrets when they look back over their life and say "hmmm, what can i do better with what i know now?"

anyway, sometimes the fear is a little more manageable when it is shared in the company of friends and aunties. who also damn disney for making those movies, but think Enchanted is the prettiest little story of how she doesn't end up with the prince. she ends up with McDreamy!!!

i believe in you.